It’s Hard to Justify Risk Management Expenditures Until You Watch an Unprepared Company Implode
Risk Management may look like a loss on the books until a disaster happens and everyone breathes a sigh of relief because the company was prepared. Your insurance agent probably talks a lot about Risk Management, and for good reason.
If you aren’t prepared for potential risks, the results could be the end of your business. These exact same justifications explain why it’s so important for your IT department.
Let’s review the facts about risk management as it relates to your IT department...
- The IT manager is charged with establishing security protocols and protecting the companies’ data
- IT systems must provide mission capabilities while dealing with real-world threats
- Mitigating risk for companies with regulatory compliance issues is complicated in the face of constantly changing regulations
- Avoiding downtime is a common goal in IT. You have to be prepared, even on a limited budget.
What can Midwave do?
- Establish that your department has the capabilities to deal with real world threats and keep you up-to-date on threat avoidance
- Help you balance the economic and operational costs of security measures
- Help you stay in compliance with the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act or HIPAA
- Proactively assist you with monitoring, firewall and asset management
- Help you maintain security without resorting to a patchwork of anti-virus and anti-malware software packages
- Offer business management services that turn IT from an expense into a revenue generator
Our Risk Management services include…